But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s
special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you
out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but
now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now
you have received mercy.
1 Peter 2:9-10
During the devotion given during our May 31 Zoom prayer meeting. I was
reminded of the tremendous privilege we have as Christians – His
treasured possession – irreplaceably valuable. And the relief to know that
the value arises not from what I had done in the past, what I am doing in
the present or what I can do in the future. Therefore the fitting response to
such a God is to follow Him, to live as a people set apart for God in every
aspect of our life – to be holy for He is holy.
TO REFLECT GOD IN OUR CHARACTER, TO SHINE BEFORE THE NATIONS, TO BRING HIS LOVE TO OUR COMMUNITIES.
As His royal priests, we who have access to the throne of grace, can stand in the gap as mediators – bringing the gospel to the people and praying for them to repent and see God’s grace and holiness. We are called to reach out to the marginalised, the poor and the needy. To open our hearts to share, to love and even lament at the pain and distress of living in a sinful world. Let us continue to pray for:
- Hearts of gratitude for the Saviour who saved us from this sinful world and made us a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession.
- Wisdom to live as wise, understanding the Lord’s will, abounding in grace and mercy.
- God to grant peace and comfort to those fearful and anxious, and struggling with the disruption to employment and finances.
- God to draw many to Christ, a sure hope in uncertain times, Pray that we will be able to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ through:
a. Alpha Online Programme in June.
b.T2Us Social Concern Outreach
- Missionaries and other Christian workers to know God’s peace and to turn their anxious thoughts into prayers (Philippians 4:6). Pray for physical, mental and spiritual protection