Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. Romans 5:1-2 (NIV)
In the midst of Covid 19, we proclaim that the indestructible joy and hope of Easter because the resurrection of Jesus Christ has brought us peace – shalom,
- peace with God,
- peace with our souls and
- peace with other people in as much as it lies in us.
As we approach the throne of grace in prayer, let us ponder with praise and thanksgiving on
- the life we now live in the body, we live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me (Gal 2:20)
- we have been freed from guilt, threats, confusion and uncertainty for the peace of God will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:6-7)
- the Holy Spirit will help us to be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave us (Eph 4:32)
Let us persevere in prayer for :
- wisdom and creativity for all Sunday school teachers in the delivery of online lessons. Wisdom and patience for parents to provide spiritual encouragement to their children. God to plant the gospel message in the hearts of the children, bringing forth hundred fold fruit.
- God’s protection on the worship, preaching and creative teams as they prepare the online services.
- People sick with Covid 19 will receive divine healing and the peace of the Lord, submitting their lives to His sovereign hand.
- Healthcare and frontline personnel – God’ s sustaining hand and protection as they work under difficult and stressful conditions
- leaders in Malaysia and worldwide to wisely manage the containment of the virus, and economy so as to minimise negative repercussions. Pray for all to have compassion and willingness to share their resources to combat this worldwide crisis.